Large climbing rope or jump rope.
- Everyone in the group takes turns jumping over a rope, which starts about 2 inches off the ground.
- The rope gets progressively higher.
- When more than half of the group misses at one level, the rope drops to low water and we start again.
- The object is to see the highest level the group can get.
- This activity can easily degenerate into a macho one-upsmanship without enforcing rule # 3 above. Even with that rule, it can result in separating the group into athletes and non-athletes, so make sure to use it as a fun, not so serious activity with groups that have already developed some level of acceptance.